We all love the UK – I mean, what’s there not to like? But check out our 10 interesting facts about the UK that will make you feel like you are the ultimate UK expert.
Wherever you are in the UK, you are only 70 miles out from the sea.. if you ever feel like taking a cold dip.
2. Do you think only humans need a passport? Think again because in the UK, donkeys and horses are required to have one. (I wonder who holds their passports when they roam around freely!)
3. You probably know this being Kings and Queens of the internet… but it is definitely illegal to die in the House of Parliament in London.
4. The average car in Britain is parked 96% of the time. All the more why you should just get an Oyster card if you are making a trip to the UK.
5. The British Navy uses Britney Spears’ “Oops, I did it again” song to scare off…. pirates? Yeah, we totally didn’t know that!
6. The UK drinks around 165 million cups of tea a day. Everyone probably goes on a pee break very often!
7. It is illegal to eat mince pie on Christmas Day throughout the country.. but we’re pretty sure there are a handful of rebel blokes!
8. Humans are outnumbered by…. chickens!
9. Reform Social & Grill serves the best Yorkshire puddings…all…day…long!
10. Covent Garden is spelt wrong – the area used to be a market garden for a convent!
So who wants to make a trip to the UK? 🙂